Friday, October 29, 2010

I am not the owner of the company.

I'm sitting here wondering if I'm even going to get my paycheck because my boss has decided that he has too many meeting to cut paychecks and I either have to wait until 5 o'clock to get mine or wait until Monday.  Here's my problem with this.  Being a single mom, I'm the only one who picks up my daughters from school and day care unless I set it up with a family member ahead of time.  Since I didn't find this out until an hour ago, what does he expect me to do?  Leave them there and say "oh, well"?  I normally get out of work at 2:30 because I only work part time.  I don't mind staying later but not at last minute when I didn't set anything up.  Working only part time forces me to make cuts in things I need, prioritize what needs to be bought and paid for and, yes, like most Americans I live paycheck to paycheck, so when I'm expecting to get paid today in order to do what I need to do for the weekend and the rest of the week, I can't wait until Monday.  It's not like I even get sick hours for when one of the girls get sick or even build up vacation hours to spend time with my girls.  I don't get company insurance and I doubt he even pays workman's comp if I fall from climbing to search through the boxes in the other room.  My stomach is in knots and I'm giving myself a headache now because I have no idea what is going on or how I'm even going to get home with no gas in my car and $2 in my wallet.  This sucks so much that I want to jump on his desk and scream in his face.  I do not like being put in this situation, especially is have done my work and when he knows what my situation is.  Seriously, I'm trying to make ends meet on about $315 a week for me and 2 kids.  Waiting for money is not an option for me.  If I'm expecting it, that means I need it.  I keep praying in head that he'll even cut me my check manually, even if it's not for the full amount just so I can get done what needs to be done immediately.  I think I'm going to be sick.