Friday, October 29, 2010

Deadly Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich

Years ago, I use to write a zine for a large group of friends. I always had a section where I use to list totally useless and irrelavant information. Once, I listed that caregivers of the physically disabled and handicap were not allowed to give them peanut butter and jelly sandwiches due to the peanut butter being a choking hazard. I'm reading the Miami New Times and there is an article of a woman in the Florida House of Representatives who owns multiple group homes in South Florida. It turns out that in July 2006, a resident of one of these homes died after choking to death on a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Now, if I knew this at my rave-filled days of 19 years old, shouldn't have trained nurses prevented the resident from eating said sandwich? I'm just saying.