Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Boobs: Thanks for the Mammaries

So, with my very first post, I give you - BOOBS.  Why, you may ask.  It's simple really.  I have them.  I've had them fully grown to a size larger than the national average since I was 16.  I have the accompanying neck, shoulder and back ailments that come with having larger than life breasts.  I've used them to memorize guys into believing I was beautiful, get free drinks, and free VIP access.  I've been used for them because most guys have a boob fetish and salivate over getting their hands on them.  The girls define me, even when I try to deny it.  So, here's my history with my boobs.  I somehow knew I would be bigger than my friends when I was 12 and I started growing faster than everyone else.  By the time I got into high school, I hated having to run anywhere (because it hurts, damn it!) or get into a bathing suit if guys were going to be around.  Finding a dress for my Sweet 16 was a nightmare since I had the perfect dress engraved into my dreams and wouldn't settle for anything less. (Looking back, I wonder what the hell possessed me to want to wear miles of white taffeta and lace.)  I was never a thin girl, but constantly trying to hide the fact that I was beyond well-endowed in the chest area had me gaining weight.  At 17, my mom gave me the simply advice of "You do know if you loose weight, you'll loose some breast fat as well since it is fat tissue."  It was as if a light bulb went off in my head and I started working out and eating better.  Lo and behold, I started getting a smaller waist line but my boobs just started looking bigger and bigger. Not what I was going for but I found it worked for me.  Into my twenties I went flying and had more than my share of over-self-confidence.  This is when I learned that guys became glossy-eyed and their IQ lowered from the mere sight of them pushed up and out by the proper bra and low cut shirts.  This helped incredibly with getting free drinks, free VIP access, free clothes, etc. for me and my friends. Now, 2 kids and many years later, they have become such a part of me that when I think of breast reduction, I almost cringe.  Yes, I would finally be free of my shoulders feeling like solid rock and my lower back would not lock up but why on Earth would I want to get rid of such a significant part of me?  For better or worse, they are who I am and I'm proud of them.  Yes, I still have to snap my fingers in front of some guys' faces and remind them that my face is a bit further North but they are me.  My eldest daughter looks at me in despair when I tell her she'll be big one day too.  The only thing I can do is adjust them and smile.