Sunday, November 14, 2010

I really wish she would give it up already.

My dear mother has been on this furious path with the determination of a sex-starved groupie to marry me off. She seems to have a hard time believing that while life might not be the easiest for me raising two girls on my own, I'm actually okay and happy being by myself. Yes, it would be great to have an actual wedding with the dress and parties and honeymoon but I'm pretty set in my ways. I enjoy not having to check in another person. I like not having someone else over-rule my rules with the girls. I love having my queen size bed all to myself and not having another person hog the covers. I like not having to deal with someone else's baggage beause I have enough of my own. My mother can not fanthom how I can actually be happy. It's almost as if she believes it's all a facade I'm carrying on for the sake of putting on a show for the world. If I happen to make mention of a guy, she will hound me with questions, ask me why haven't I seen more of him (as if she forgot that I have 2 kids to worry about!), why aren't I pushing forward with this, etc., etc. I love my mother and she has been blessed with being able to fall in love with two great men- my dad and my step father-but not everyone is so lucky. Maybe I'm just hard headed but I want someone on my terms. I want a friend who an also be my significant other. Most guys have a hard time dealing with the time frames I give them as to when I can see them. Most guys have a hard time dealing with the fact that I want to take things slow and not jump into bed right away. Just because I have 2 kids does not mean I'm easy. Hell, I've had sex twice in the last 2 years! No matter how many times I can repeat myself to my mother, she still looks at every possible guy as a chance for me to be truly "happy". Another 3 years and I get to leave Miami. Looks like I will have to deal with this face to face until then. Or until someone actually shows up and sweeps me off my feet. Which ever comes first.