Monday, December 12, 2011

"If you support OWS, please remove me from your friend's list. Thank you."

This was the status update I saw on my Facebook news feed from someone I knew years ago. Everyone who does know me knows I can be vocal about the things I support and I'm always up for a debate.  I've gotten into itover abortion rights, religion, politics, you name it.  I have friends on my list who are very religious, some who are very Republican and some who never see eye to eye with me on any topic but not once have any of them ever said "Delete me because you don't agree with me."  To me, the best debaters and smartest thinkers are the ones who can agree to disagree.  The ones who can take constructive critisism and know that there's more than one view.  I like surrounding myself with all kinds if different people, not just the ones who agree with on everything.  What's the fun in that?  I don't know if I can live in that kind if bubble.