Monday, December 12, 2011

The Magic of Snowflakes


This picture reminds me of the story my mom told me of the first time she ever really saw a snowflake.  Now, I'm not talking about ever seeing snow as she grew up in NYC but the first time she ever really saw the uniqueness of a snowflake.  She was 16, already married to my dad and pregnant with me.  It was snowing outside as she was walking to I can't remember where but the flurries made her blink into the winds when she happened to glance at her gloves.  This is when she noticed  the patterns of each of the snowflakes and how beautiful and unique each one was to the next.  She said she had never noticed this before and she felt such wonderment and awe like she had never felt before and with being pregnant for the first time, she felt such immense joy in that moment.  For this, she always called me her miracle snowflake baby. Even at 35, I still feel special.