Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Let's call him "Old School"

Just to give you a brief history of Old School and I, we met when we were both 21 and working at a call center and I was the end of a year long relationship that just wasn't working out and I couldn't figure out how to end.  Old School is and always has been your typical cocky asshole with a quick smile and sarcastic sense of humor.  We had mutual friends outside of work and started hanging out.  There was always sexual tension between the 2 of us and he made it his mission to get to me.  I did not put up much of a fight.  I began seeing Old School about a month before I finally ended the year long relationship.  I'll admit, not my best moment but it was the only time (and has been the only time) I ever cheated on any boyfriend.  I justified it as "well, he's been sleeping with half the chicks we work with, so it's fine."  For the nine years to follow, Old School was always around when I needed him to be.  He was one I could be just myself around and someone who didn't care if I had my make-up done or was wearing the sexy outfit.  He always made me feel great and wild and free and like there wasn't a care in the world.  We embarked upon sexual adventures that either one of us would suggest and throw ourselves into whole-heartedly.  There was never any embarrassment or self-consciousness when I was with him.  It all ended the night my father was in the hospital, maybe 2 weeks before he died and no one knew what was wrong with him and I needed a friend.  I needed someone to just go and sit somewhere with a drink in hand and just be.  So, I called Old School.  It turned out that he was with his girlfriend at the time and she hated me simply because I was a girl.  He caught attitude with me and I flew off the handle.  The next day, he called to apologize and I sent him to hell in a hand basket.  We didn't speak until a bout 2 months ago when he found me on a dating site and sent me a message of "Can we be friends again?"  All I had to do was read this and realize that I had missed him in my life all this time.  I missed that feeling I had with him.  He said it best when he described why he needed me back in his life "It's like your a drug I can't get enough of and I don't want to run away from."