Tuesday, December 6, 2011

A Funny Thing Happened to Me Last Night...


I recently cut my hair very short and while I love it, I know my dad would have not.  He was old school about certain things and girls having long hair was one of them.  I never really understood that since I can remember my mom having short hair for a majority of my childhood.  Go figure.  So, last night after I fell asleep, I started dreaming.  It was one of those dreams where everything feels so real that you have to question it.  Anyway, I was already in bed watching tv while the girls slept when there was a knock on the door.  I'm wondering who it could be only to find my dad on the other side.  Mind you, my dad passed away February 2006.  He walks in and the first thing he tells me is, "Tasha, I really don't like the hair."  I had to laugh because I knew it was coming after I hug him.  I showed my little apartment.  He commented on the laundry I had to do because he was always after me to clean up more.  hen we talked for a while with me telling him what I had planned for the place when I got my income tax return and he liked my ideas.  Then he told me was proud of me for starting school again and to stick with it.  I don't remember much more but I know he had to vocalize his opinion on my hair. lol  I miss him so much.