Wednesday, June 13, 2012

My Correspondence with Cracked.com

I love the site Cracked.com.  It's hilarious.  But, after reading an article on renegade nuns (seriously!), there was a huge ad for defund Planned Parenthood.  I wasn't happy about this.  I really didn't feel that a satire site that generally makes fun of politics shouldn't take sides one way or another.  And, it wasn't as if they had a similar ad for any pro-choice group.  I looked.  Well, this is the response I got back - 


Your email to cracked.com
Inbox
x

Oren Katzeff Oren@demandmedia.com
2:57 PM (23 hours ago)
to me
Thanks for emailing us about the ad to defund Planned Parenthood that you saw on our site. As you can probably imagine, we have deals with a handful of ad exchanges and there are literally hundreds of different "partners" that advertise on Cracked on a daily basis. We sometimes have to rely on passionate fans such as yourself to alert us of this kind of ad abuse. We definitely do not support it and have our entire ad team tasked with removing those ads from the site.

Thanks for your continued support-
Oren
(Im the SVP and GM of the site. Traveling today, which is why you are getting this from my mobile device).


Sent from my iPhone



He's my new favorite person of the moment.  Proof that if you at least say what is making you unhappy, someone somewhere might do something to change it.