Friday, June 29, 2012

Falling in Love

I know I have a serious problem romantising every thing that could or could not be possible happening in my so-called love life.  I think I'm more in love with the idea of being in love than actually doing it.  I can sit and daydream for hours about possible scenarios with any number of guys that have crossed my path.  I know love is something I really want but I have absolutely no clue on how to get it. I have the emotional maturity of a pre-pubescent 12 year old boy.  I don't like talking about my feelings.  I'm not very touchy-feeley.  I prefer taking care of arguments with sex because, really, who can still be mad after a mind blowing orgasm?  I don't mind alone time.  You want to go out with your friends?  Sure, go ahead!  I don't need to be attached to someone every hour of the day.  Unfortunately, this has led to most of the guys I've ever seriously dated to cheat on me and I have to wonder if it's because I come off as so freaking aloof.  I don't mean to be.  I know I have a hard time putting things into words but I find it much easier to write a letter to explain myself.  But, I do want that waking up to the same man every morning.  I want silly conversations over nothing in particular.  I want to cook for someone other than my kids.  I want those quiet moments you can have with a significant other.  I want someone who looks at me and smiles.  I want someone who will debate with me (loudly) and know it's not a fight.  I want someone to get me birthday presents.  I want someone to get birthday presents for.  I want someone to be around when I can't dance anymore but will laugh with me about the times we did.  Now, if I can only figure out how to do it...