Monday, January 23, 2012

It's been two years...

You died two years ago today.  We weren't even speaking when it happened because of the fight we got into 2 days before.  I really didn't believe your sister when she was screaming into the phone at me.  All I could do was look at our daughter and wonder what the hell I was going to tell her when she started asking.  It wouldn't be for years since she wasn't even two months old yet.  I know you can see how big she's getting and all that she does, including trying my patience with a smile the way you use to.  We had so many plans.  I wonder sometimes if any of it could have happened if really had let go of all your demons, or if this was the way it was suppose to be.  The only thing I'm asking is that you make sure she can hear you at night when you know she's in the process of making the wrong decision.  She needs to know someone is always looking out for her.  That's what dads are suppose to do.