Monday, August 15, 2011

Exhaustion, Be Thy Name

I don't think I've hit a REM cycle in over 4 months.  I don't know what happened to my little one's sleep pattern but it has gone out the window.  While I know she gets enough sleep with nap time in day care, I manage to wake every morning at 5:30 to start my day of endless walking to and from buses/day care-summer camp/trains and back again with cheerleading practice and supermarket/bookstore/uniform store/etc peppered in for good measure to collapse into bed around 10 - 11 o'clock at night.  And it's not even a solid 6 hours of sleep.  I get woken up no less than 4 times, sometimes for more than 15 minutes.  I feel as if I'm about to shut down and not get up again but I fill myself with coffee, sugar, Red Bull/Monster, and what ever else I can get my hands on because if I don't make it through the day, there is not another person who will do it for me.
Breakfast of champions!

For that matter, I doubt there's another person who would even be able to keep up.  At this point, I think I would give my left ovary for a full night of 8-9 un-interrupted hours of glorious sleep.  A night of sleep that my body wakes up from feeling fully rested and ready for the day, not one kicked out of bed by a blaring alarm clock and high volume TV. 
Shoot me, please!
A night of dreams that I might or might not remember the next morning but I know I had rather than wondering if I can even remember the last time I had a dream.  A night where my body and mind has time to rejuvenate itself and I don't wake up with my skin looking beat up and bags under my eyes that no amount of concealer can cover up.  A night that I have the entire bed and covers to myself and I don't have to worry about rolling over onto anyone.  A night of sleep that lasts throughout the day and I'm not falling asleep sitting up at my desk by 3 PM.  I use to hope for love to find me so I could have that great relationship.  To hell with that.  Right now, a full night of sleep would do me more justice that a mind blowing orgasm.  That is just sad.