Thursday, June 30, 2011

Miranda Lambert - The House That Built Me



I heard this song for the first time last night during The Voice and I cried. Not just teary eyed, but full on sobbing. Everything about the song touched and struck a nerve that I knew the meaning of every line because it was me. Maybe it's because I feel like I'm on the verge of a nervous breakdown, one I can't afford to have nor one I have the time to have. It got to the point last night that everything had left me so frazzled that I was actually standing in the kitchen shaking. Actually shaking and I couldn't get it to stop. I've never had that happen before. And it's not like there's anyone I can turn to and say "Hey, guess what? I'm going to fall apart and I need help." I have to trek through every day with a plastered smile on my face and say everything is fine because who wants to hear otherwise. Even my family would tell me to stop over-reacting and shake it off. So, yeah. This song. Made me cry like I just had my heart broken.