Friday, July 15, 2011

My So-Called Love Life

As a bit of a background, I've been seeing this guy for a while now.  I've know him for a few years and we've dated on and off.  This time around, things were going better than they have before.  We were talking more, seeing each other more.  It appeared to be moving in the a more serious direction which is what I've been looking for.  We had plans to go out tonight, so I sent him a text asking if he had any ideas about what to do.  I get a message back of "Ummmmm...we need to talk.  I've had one of the craziest days."  That phrase alone "WE NEED TO TALK" is never a good one.  It's not one I, or anyone, for that matter, ever wants to hear.  I text him to call me and my phone rings 2 minutes later.  Long (mostly speechless on my part) conversation in short - his ex-girlfriend who he broke up with right before we started getting serious called to tell him that she's about 6-8 weeks pregnant and she's keeping it.  Being the great guy that he is, I know he's going to marry her because to him, it's the right thing to do.  While he might be happy it's her, he's excited about having a kid.  I can't blame him for that because I love being a mom.  My girls were the best things to happen to me.  Forgive me for being selfish but what about me now?  How is it that my love life manages to go up in smoke over the most insane things?  Normal people break up over normal things, like cheating, boredom, etc.  My last few were being deployed to another country for 3 years, death, and now pregnant ex girlfriend.  Come on!  Really?